So, I thought that I would start my blog by starting from the beginning and sharing everything Lonnie and I have been through up to this point.





Lonnie and I got married in June 2006. In Aug 2006 I started having female problems and bad pain in my left side. For weeks they told me that it was a Kidney Infection and gave me meds to treat it. Well the pain was there and it wasn't getting any better! So I went to my ob/gyn and he didn't think it was a Kidney Infection and he wanted to do a u/s. So we did the u/s and come to find out a cyst that had wrapped around my tube and was causing my tube to fill with fluid. So he did a lap and removed the cyst. They thought we were going to have remove the cyst but thank the lord they didn't have to. When they told us there was a good chance they were going to have to remove the tube dh and I started talking about having kids. Even though we had only been married for a month we didn't want to take a chance and wait to long and not be able to have kids. We both really wanted to have a family and have kids. So in September we started TTC. If we only knew how long it would take.



In the meantime we moved to NC from Georgia because dh was in the Marines at the time. So my new gyn wanted to track my cycles for a couple of months to see when I ovulated and how long my cycles were and so on. While tracking my cycle we learned that I don't Ovulate so she wanted me to start taking Clomid 50mg. (Clomid is a fertility drug that makes you Ovulate.) I was on the Clomid for a month when I started having bad pains in my left side again. She did another Lap and I had another cyst on my left side. She removed the cyst and also found Endometriosis. (Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus is also found elsewhere in the body, mainly in the abdominal cavity.) Anyone who has Endo knows how painful it is month after month! So after the lap she wanted me to go to a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist aka fertility doctor)


We started to see the RE he wanted to do a u/s and look around. He seen several little cyst and said that he thought that I had PCOS (is an endocrine disorder that affects approximately 5% of all women.It occurs amongst all races and nationalities, is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and is a leading cause of infertility.The principal features are obesity, anovulation (resulting in irregular menstruation), and excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones. The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among women. While the causes are unknown, insulin resistance, diabetes, and obesity are all strongly correlated with PCOS.) They did blood work to confirm and it was positive. So he wanted me to stay on Clomid but upped the dosage to 100mg cause the 50 didn't make me O(ovulate). You can only take Clomid for no more then 6 months. So on our 6th month we finally got pg(pregnant) but sadly we lost it at 4 weeks. (September 20, 2007) We didn't know why but was told that unfortunately one m/c (miscarriage) isn't uncommon. People on fertility drugs also cause a higher chance of m/c too. So the next month I found out that I was pg again with no fertility drugs. We were shocked because we weren't even trying. We think there was left over Clomid in my system and that's why I was able to get pg. We were so excited and scared and nervous but all in all happy. During this time dh was getting out of the Marines due to diabetes and we were packing up to move back to Georgia.


I had finally hit the 3 month mark and we were so excited! Now we could relaxe and enjoy being pg right..its that hows its suppose to be? Well not for us a couple of days later I stated to bleed and we went to the hospital. I was a little of 3 months pg but hte baby was only measuring 10 weeks and there was no heartbeat. So about a week later I had to go in for a DNC. (December 20,2007 our 2nd baby Angel)


So with going throug all of that we decided to take a break. We wouldnt stop "ttc" I don't think you ever really can once you start. Those who have had fertility problems know what I mean. We were going to take any meds and just try own our own and if it happen it happens. In the meantime dh got a job where he works out of town all week and is only home on the weekends which sucks but you have to do what you have to do. I went back to school and we bought a house. Then March 2009 we decided we wanted to start going to a RE again.



So we did our research and found a RE in Jacksonville, FL that we want to go to. So we went to him and he put me on Femara which is another ovulation drug. April: The Femara didn't work and I didnt Ovulate so on to the next month..

May: The RE thought that we should try a IUI. An IUI -- intrauterine insemination -- is performed by threading a very thin flexible catheter through the cervix and injecting washed sperm directly into the uterus. The whole process doesn't take very long — it usually only requires the insertion of a speculum and then the catheter, a process that maybe takes a couple of minutes (60-90 seconds to introduce the catheter, then sperm injection, and another 60 seconds or so to remove the catheter — going slowly helps reduce discomfort). So dh had to do another SA and it was really good above normal. Then they wash the sperm and get all the "good" ones they need no less then 5,00o but hope for 10,000 or more. Lonni es was over 15,000 which was really good. So they put me on femara again then we went in for a u/s on CD12 and I had 2 eggs on my right side. I was to go back on CD14 to see if I had a + opk and then we would do the IUI. Well on CD14 the opk was still neg so the did another u/s and the egg was the size it needed to be so they gave me a trigger shot and did the IUI. It didn't hurt at all. I didn't even feel it. So after the did the IUI I had to wait rest there for 10mins and then we could leave. Only thing left to do was to wait 2 weeks to find out if it worked or not. unfortunately it didn't work so on to the next month.

June. Since we had spent so much money on the IUI and Lonnie having to take off work we decided to just get the Femara and try the "old fashion way" and what do you know we got pg yet again!! I went in for blood work a hcg test and progesterone test. My hcg came back normal but my progesterone came back at 15 and it needed to be in the 20's. So they put me on progesterone 3x a day but I didn't get on it fast enough and yet again we lost the baby at 5 weeks.( June 6, 2009). With the bad comes the good I guess you can. Even though we did have another m/c we found out that my progesterone is a problem and I got all kinds of genetic testing done. All of the genetic blood work came back good so there is nothing wrong there. They want dh to do the testing but its $4000.00 + and we just don't have that kind of money right now lol. They did say when we wanted to start "ttc" again they want me to still do the Femara and as soon as I "O" take progesterone till either I get a bfp or I get AF. But for right now we are just taking a break for a little while and saving some money. Insurance don't pay for anything fertility and it adds up big time!