My mom and dad are getting a divorce. Well that's what I say anyways. My mom don't want to work it out at all. She says she is done. While my dad sits around hoping that they are going to work it out! And I have to say this is so stressful. I never would have dreamed that MY parents would go through this. And on the other hand it scares the crap at out of me. I have always looked up to my mom and dad and wanted the type of marriage that they have/had. My parents were the ones that embarrassed you when you were younger walking through Wal-Mart or anywhere holding hands and kissing(You know you parents weren't suppose to do that in public lol). And now they are getting a divorce!

I think the reason it scarea me is because I don't want it to happen to us. Lonnie and I are like them in many ways and seeing them go through this and seeing my dad get really hurt just makes me on edge a little.

I'm not going to go into every details of whats going on because that is their private business but I have to say its stupid! Both me and my brother are grown and out of the house so to say that some of it isn't "empty nest syndrome" would be a lie. Its a situation that some how turned into this which still shocks the hell out of me to be blank. I don't see how they let it get to that point.

My dad has always been a hard person to live with. He is very old fashion and stuck in his ways, but my mom knew this when she married and him. My mom, well I think she wants to be a teenager again. I have no clue what shes thinking or whats going in through her head. The only reasons she has gave is that "he don't listen and she's tired of it!" OK that's a good reason to end a 20 year marriage. In my eyes its both 50/50. They are both being stupid! But my dad is willing to work it out and my mom just don't want to, which in my eyes is wrong and sad.

Everyone says that it shouldn't bother me as bad as it does because we don't live there anymore. Just because we don't live in that house doesn't me we aren't somewhat in the middle of this and doesn't mean it hurts less. Both my brother and I feel like our family is falling apart and there is nothing either of us can do about it! And that's sucks!

Tthis has all happen within 3 weeks. I knew they were having some problems but I didn't think it would come to this. I wanted them to work it out so bad. Who doesn't want their parents to work it out. They have 20 years together that's a long time to throw away. Now I just want it over and done with. I am soooo tired of hearing about it. I know that is sad and a bad thing to say but I am just sooooooooooo tired of it!

Sorry I just really needed to vent over this. lol